Who should apply?
Experienced disaster risk reduction and recovery practitioners who are interested in becoming accredited PDNA & DRF trainers are invited to apply for the PDNA & DRF ToT. Prospective applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience in the conduct of assessments and/or in the implementation of disaster risk reduction and/or recovery programmes at country level;
- Record of delivering technical trainings and capacity building activities to governments, international organisations, private sector and civil society;
- Binding commitment to support as a future trainer at least one PDNA & DRF training event and the conduct of a PDNA and/or development of a DRF, in the period 2017-2020;
- University degree in social sciences, development studies, or other discipline relevant to development and disaster risk reduction and recovery;
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required. Knowledge of an additional language such as French, Spanish, Portuguese and/or Russian will be considered as an advantage.