The general objectives of My JMDI e-Toolbox on Migration and Local Development are to:
- develop the understanding of the linkages between Migration and Development (M&D) at the international, national and local level and their contextualisation of local realities;
- reinforce the capacities of local actors in planning and implementing coherent frameworks for M&D at the local level;
- identify all relevant stakeholders and operationalizing partnerships to increase the impact and sustainability of local M&D initiatives;
- expose stakeholders to a comprehensive informative and learning tool including research and literature;
- provide concrete tools for the institutionalisation and territorialisation of the M&D Nexus and the related actions and policies at local level.
At the end of the e-course, participants will be able to:
- develop a general understanding of the major concepts, tools and strategies related to migration and local development;
- understand the linkages between migration and local development;
- support the establishment of partnerships, cooperation and dialogue on M&D at the local level;
- establish an enabling framework of conditions geared towards the empowerment of migrants and their associations;
- appreciate the role of migration as an opportunity for job creation and local economic development;
- recognize local integration/re-integration of migrants as an asset for local development.