EUROMED Migration III
The EC funded EUROMED Migration III is a three year project €5 million project which began its activities on 1rst January 2012. The overall objective of the project is to foster cooperation on migratory issues between, ENPI South partner countries and EU countries and among ENPI South partner countries themselves. In parallel, the project aims to assist partner countries in their efforts to govern international migration
This project is implemented by a consortium composed of the following members:
- International Centre for Migration Policy Development, ICMPD (lead organisation)
- International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization, ITC-ILO
- Fundación Internacional y para Iberoamérica de Administración y Políticas Públicas, FIIAPP
- L’Office Français de l’Immigration et de l’Intégration, OFII
- Euro-Mediterranean University, EMUNI University
The specific objectives of the project are:
- The promotion of legal migration channels and promotion of workers' mobility;
- The promotion of the synergies between migration and development in partner countries; and
- The support for the prevention of irregular migration, for strengthening border management capacity and for improving vulnerable groups reception and assistance systems.
Within this project ITC-ILO acts within the Consortium as leader of the reference group in charge of the legal migration component
For more information, please visit the project website.