Format and Methodology
The course is composed by 8 modular sections that present e-Learning concepts and tools. Materials are divided into two learning elements:
- the primary courseware introduces concepts, resources and tools while,
- the secondary courseware guide learners to practically work through a series of tasks. These hands-on tasks are the key elements of the course as learners will be required to utilize e-Learning concepts and tools in their work environment to meet their own professional needs.
Overall, the course has a strong collaborative nature as participants will be encouraged to work in small groups according to their interests and thematic areas thus facilitating social and peer learning. Online facilitation will be provided throughout the whole learning experience, including facilitating collaborative work and knowledge exchange as well as group feedback. Both synchronous and asynchronous knowledge exchange opportunities will be provided:
- online facilitators will daily monitor both Social and Technical forum to provide timely answers;
- a series of collective webinars is scheduled to guide the cohort of learners throughout the whole course at specific stages;
- weekly group coaching will be provided either via forum or via Skype according to learners' and projects' needs.