The general objective of the course is to strengthen the capacity of employment injury institutions for the management of the occupational accidents and diseases and the promotion of the prevention approach on occupational safety and health (OSH).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Describe the ILO principles and experience on National OSH governance, and the role and functions of employment injury schemes in international labour standards and other related instruments.
• Describe the organizational models of the employment injury schemes of selected countries as well as its policies, strategies and best practices on prevention activities.
• Advise in the implementation of policies, strategies and approaches of employment injury schemes addressed to the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases.
• Establish conclusions and recommendations on the feasibility of applying different analysed approaches and experiences to national and institutional contexts.
• Transfer knowledge on the different best practices to promote OSH from the employment injury schemes.