The general objective of this course is to strengthen the capacity of planning, developing and governing the
national efforts to improve the OSH. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the ILO principles, concepts and experience related to National OSH Governance;
• Describe the organizational models and operational arrangements of selected countries for OSH national
governance as well as its policies;
• Analyse the needs and requirements of their respective countries for an effective national OSH governance;
• Establish conclusions and recommendations on the feasibility of applying the analysed approaches and experiences to their national and institutional contexts;
• Advise on the formulation, implementation and evaluation of national policies, strategies and programmes with regard to the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases.