The objectives of the guidelines are to strengthen the capacities of social security institutions to introduce supportive measures and good practice in return to work programmes
The main objectives are therefore to support administrations in:
1. Outlining strategic options and identify critical success factors for return to work and reintegration policies and practices.
2. Discussing, adapting and adopting successful models of return to work and reintegration of persons with disabilities.
3. Offering practical tools for implementing the policies.
4. Envisaging return to work in close connection with preventing occupational risks and disabling injuries, and promoting health and safety in the workplace.
The objectives of the training course are:
• To equip participants with a broad knowledge of the key issues relating to the return to work and reintegration as detailed in the ISSA Guidelines.
• To develop a firm understanding of the main roles and responsibilities of social security professionals in the field of return to work and reintegration.
• To support participants’ reflection on the application of the ISSA Guidelines on Return to Work and Reintegration in their own organizations.
• To facilitate the formation of a network of practitioners with an understanding of the ISSA Guidelines.