MoU with RIMISP
In April 2016, the International Training Centre of the ILO and the Latin American Centre for Rural Development (RIMISP) signed a Memorandum of Understanding in recognition of their common objectives and shared interests.
The aim of this Memorandum of Understanding, which shall remain in force for three years, is to forge a partnership for developing joint work focused particularly on the following areas:
- Rural development and sustainable territorial development.
- Sustainable tourism in rural areas.
- Preservation of biocultural heritage.
- Inclusive economy.
- Social and productive inclusion.
- Youth and gender dimensions.
Initially, cooperation between the two institutions will consist of:
- the joint design, promotion and implementation of training activities;
- the involvement of trainers in the World Heritage and Cultural Projects for Development Masters Programme, which is delivered through a combination of distance and face-to-face learning in conjunction with the University of Barcelona;
- the forging of partnerships for presenting projects to donors and participating in calls for tender.
The history of cooperation between the two institutions dates back to early 2015 and has involved various joint training and exchange initiatives. Through the Memorandum of Understanding, the two institutions have committed themselves to enhancing the existing synergies, as well as identifying common objectives and areas of shared interest for the future with a view to establishing guidelines for joint work to be carried out over the next few years.
MoU with RIMISP