Inauguration of the 2016 Academic Year at the ITCILO’s Turin School of Development (TSD)
Today, 1 March, marks the inauguration of the 2016 Academic Year at the Turin School of Development, whose programme includes all the Masters Programmes organized by the ILO’s International Training Centre in conjunction with the University and Polytechnic of Turin.
The ceremony, to be attended by the Central Director for Migration Issues of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Italy, Minister Luigi Maria Vignali, the Rector of the University of Turin, Prof. Gianmaria Ajani, and the Permanent Representative of Italy to the International Organizations in Geneva, Ambassador Maurizio Enrico Serra, is being held at the ITCILO’s “Piemonte” Conference Centre.
Over the past 20 years, with the involvement of many UN agencies, the School has gradually increased the number of Maasters Programmes it offers. In 2016, it will organize ten masters’ courses in subjects such as international commerce, development management, intellectual property, cultural projects and world heritage, public procurement management, labour economics, industrial and employment relations and health and safety at work.
Since the first course was organized in 1991, more than 2500 students from all over the world have gained a Master diploma or university master’s degree here in Turin.
Dr Giuseppe Casale, Director of the TSD and Deputy Director of the ITCILO states: “I would like to recall that the education of the School is based on the principles and values of the United Nations and the International Labour Organization. Teaching provided in the different thematic areas promotes new generational expertise at the global level, embedding the 2030 UN Agenda for Sustainable Development guidelines, in particular goal 8 which promotes sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all”.
The portfolio of Masters Programmes are:
- Master of Laws in International Trade Law (LL.M.)
- Master of Laws in Intellectual Property (LL.M.)
- Master in Public Procurement Management for Sustainable Development
- Master in Gouvernance et management des marchés publics en appui au
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Applied Labour Economics for Development
- Master in Management of Development
- Master in World Heritage and Cultural Projects for Development
- Master in Occupational Safety and Health
- Master in Patrimonio Mundual y Proyectos Culturales para el Desarollo
- Master in Industrial and Employment Relations