We do not build links, we build relationships
The Director of the Centre, Ms O’Donovan and the Acting Minister for International Affairs of the Ministry of Cooperatives, Labour and Social Welfare (MCLSW) of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Mr Hosseini, signed a new Memorandum of Understanding during the 103rd Session of the international Labour Conference in Geneva.
It defines a framework for cooperation building on the existing partnership between the Iranian Technical and Vocational Training Centre under the MCLSW and the Centre. A number of thematic priorities for future cooperation are identified, and a series of concrete activities have been agreed which will be undertaken in 2014-15 in the following areas:
- Training of judges on international labour standards
- Training of labour inspectors
- Youth employment promotion
- Vocational education and technical skills training
- Promotion of women’s participation in the labour market
- Labour market information systems
- E-learning, with a focus on distance-learning services for labour inspectors
In addition, the Centre and the MCLSW will jointly explore South-South cooperation mechanisms, where participants from countries like Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon and Tanzania might be supported by the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran to participate in Centre activities.