This year’s Gender Academy could not have come at a better time
This is how Raphael Crowe from the ILO Gender, Equality and Diversity Branch, opened Gender Academy 2015, now in its second week.
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, whose goals include number 5 on achieving gender equality and empowering all women and girls and number 8 on promoting inclusive economic growth and decent work for all women and men, provides the perfect backdrop to this year’s Gender Academy.
Around 160 participants from 60 countries are attending nine master classes and 24 parallel elective workshops at the Turin Centre campus for two weeks of intensive learning.
The topics covered include:
- Women, the future of work and the SDGs; transforming economies, realizing the rights of women
- Civil society organizations and their role as Gender Equality Observatories (GEO) in the post-2015 agenda
- Gender and trade
- Gender and the ILO Decent Work Agenda, and what works for women at work: employment policies and strategies, women’s entrepreneurship and access to finance, cooperatives for women’s empowerment
- Institutional frameworks and structures for promoting gender equality at work
- Changing norms, cultures and behaviour for gender equality in the world of work , tools and methods of promoting equality and overcoming stereotypes; men, masculinities, gender equality
- Gender equality audit seals and organizational changes, as well as effective Leadership for Gender Equality
- Preventing and responding to GBV in the world of work
- Gender statistics for women's empowerment and gender equality
- Gender mainstreaming , gender-responsive budgeting
- Making the CEDAW work at national level
- Maternity protection, social protection floors, the care economy, unpaid work
- Equality and pay equity at work: the ILO Conventions
The new 2012 catalogue of standard courses is now available
Employers’ Organizations and women entrepreneurs: how to reach out?
Like never before, now is the time to step forward
Collaboration that works
Elena Gastaldo remembered through two special fellowships
Board of the Centre endorses new Strategic Plan for 2012-15
Welcome to the first Web4Dev knowledge lab
The Board of the International Training Centre of the ILO is convening on Thursday 3 and Friday 4 November for its 73rd session.