Working as One UN
The Turin Centre has just signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR).
To strengthen the collaboration between the three institutions, this memorandum provides a framework for the implementation of collaborative activities and projects in specific programme areas.
This collaboration contributes to the effectiveness and coherence of UN work in the area of training, learning and capacity development by:
- sharing knowledge, ideas and strategies in areas of common interest;
- pooling resources and expertise where appropriate;
- making use of existing global networks to mutual advantage and benefit;
- designing and implementing joint training activities for staff development and external audiences.
The initial phase of collaboration will focus on the following areas:
- knowledge management and learning methodology;
- results-based management;
- gender equality; and
- the launch of a new UN Summer School.