The Programme for Workers’ Activities is the training arm of the Bureau for Workers' Activities (ACTRAV) of the ILO. The Programme responds to the training needs of workers' organizations through courses, materials, projects and advisory services.
It is the largest international labour education programme in the world and offers free training opportunities to leaders, senior activists and technical staff of workers' organizations.
The Programme runs:
- residential training courses in Turin
- follow-up seminars and training activities that assess the impact of its activities, as well as providing further advanced training
- online labour education
- staff training for ACTRAV.
Training courses mainly concern:
- international labour standards and the use of the ILO supervisory system
- implementation of the Social Justice Declaration and the Decent Work Agenda
- employment and development policies and poverty-reduction strategies
- social protection and occupational safety and health, with a focus on HIV-AIDS
- social dialogue
- collective bargaining and organizing
- gender and women workers' rights
- training of trainers and training methodology
- the use of information technology by trade unions.
The Secretary of the Workers' Group of the ILO Governing Body plays a central role in choosing the organizations eligible to send participants to the activities. No participant is enrolled directly in the activities without going through that process.
The Programme has developed a set of computer communication tools known as SoliComm, Solidarity Communications. It uses them for pre-course orientation and post-course follow-up. Moreover, labour organizations can use them for building networks, organizing educational activities, conducting campaigns and more. They encompass e-mail, mailing lists, computer conferencing, websites and an e-library.
Este programa de formación logrará: contribuir al fortalecimiento de las organizaciones sindicales para defender y promover los derechos de los trabajadores migrantes utilizando los Programas de Trabajo Decente por País y la Agenda Post-2015; contribuir a la plena aplicación de las normas fundamentales del trabajo a todos los trabajadores migrantes. Read More
03 October 2016 - 21 October 2016
Enrolment deadline: 03 October 2016
The course aims to contribute to developing the competencies of trade unions on the ILO's standard-setting, ratification, implementation and supervision processes. Read More
The course aims to contribute to developing the competencies of trade unions on the ILO's standard-setting process, ratification, implementation and use of the ILO supervisory mechanisms. Read More
21 November 2016 - 02 December 2016
Enrolment deadline: 21 November 2016
The course aims to strengthen the competencies of trade unions on the ILO's standard-setting, ratification, implementation and supervision processes. Read More