Workshop on CSR, Business and Human Rights
On 13 and 14 October, 28 representatives of national employers organizations, the IOE, BUSINESSEUROPE and the Employers' Activities units from the ILO and ITCILO met in Turin to discuss how they can work more effectively in the area of CSR and Human Rights.
The 2-day workshop, geared toward EOs respresentatives of the European region, enabled participants to:
- learn more about the current initiatives at UN and EU levels and how they influence the CSR debate;
- understand what corporate responsibilities regarding Human Rights are and how companies can meet their obligations;
- understand how Human Rights due diligence processes can be integrated in companies’ CSR activities;
- discuss companies’ good practices in identifying and managing Human Rights impacts of their own businesses or in the supply chain;
- share experiences with other Employers Organizations on how to assist companies (awareness-raising, guidance and tools, training and networking, awards and recognition programs etc.) in their CSR and Human Rights due diligence activities.
The workshop included a mix of presentations, panel discussions with company and EOs' representatives and group work.
Participants welcomed in particular the opportunity to share practical experiences, tips and tools during a Knowledge Fair which helped in a very concrete and straight forward way to build each other's organizational capacity.
This workshop was co-financed by the European Union and organized in collaboration with the IOE and BUSINESSEUROPE.