Workshop on Global Industrial Relations and CSR in Turin
With the Workshop on “Global Industrial Relations and CSR: how can Employers’ Organization advise and guide their members” a new series of workshops on Global Industrial Relations, Transnational Company Agreements and Corporate Social Responsibility for Employers’ Organizations and Companies has been launched.
The Programme for Employers’ Activities of the ITC ILO is indeed managing a two-year project on these important issues for employers in partnership with the Confederation of German Employers’ Associations (BDA), the Confederation of Employers of France (MEDEF) and the Confederation of Italian Employers (Confindustria) with the active support of BUSINESSEUROPE and the International Organisation of Employers (IOE). The project co-financed by the European Union.
24 participants met in Turin from 6 to 8 July 2015 and acquired knowledge through open debates and interesting presentations around the topics CSR, Business and Human Rights and Transnational Company Agreements in order to learn how they can advise and guide their members on the following important questions:
- What are the global political, economic, social and cultural trends framing the debate on corporate responsibility? How do these developments affect policy-making at EU and national levels? How do they impact on companies?
- Which instruments have been developed on Human rights and business? Can we talk about a strengthening normative framework?
- Which role do Transnational Company Agreements play today? Why are companies signing them and what is their impact?
- How are the United Nations Guiding Principles progressively integrated into companies strategies regarding their supply chain?
- How can Employers’ Organisations engage and support their members in the area of CSR? What can we learn from good practices?
The training provided a forum for sharing expertise among the participants and the attending experts, through numerous group works and interactive discussions. One result of this workshop will be the development of a compendium of good practices on EOs’ activities in the field on CSR and Business and Human Rights.
The next workshop of the project will take place on 19 and 20 October. It is geared towards SMEs facing global supply chain challenges – HERE THE LINK for more information.
In the framework of this project, an eLearning Module has been developed which you can access HERE.