What topics does the course cover?
You’ll learn from ILO, ITCILO, and other UN specialists.
- The 17 SDGs, targets, and indicators
- Decent Work Agenda
- The Decent Work for Sustainable Development Resource platform
What will I learn?
The Centre’s online learning platform complements the work you’ll complete in the classroom with your peers.
- Concepts and components of, and the specific linkages between the SDGs, the Decent Work Agenda and national development processes (Decent Work Country Programmes, Voluntary National Review, UN Development Assistance Frameworks)
- Specific challenges and strategies to improve inclusion of those left behind
- Good practices and case studies on the advancement of the Decent Work- Sustainable Development nexus
What will I be able to do?
You’ll become familiar with the DW4SD Resource Platform and its various applications.
- Leverage the DW4SD tool when crafting, implementing and examining country-level SDG policies, strategies and progams
- Advocate for decent work and the concept of leaving no one behind as it applies to women, migrants, youth, refugees, people with disabilities, people living with HIV/AIDS, and indigenous and tribal peoples
- Design and conduct structured discussions around the centrality of employment and decent work in national planning and policy sessions at the stages of formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation (DWCP, VNR, UNDAF, NDP...)