This website is the dedicated web platform for ITC-ILO Certified Gender Audit Facilitators and for institutions searching for expert Gender Audit Facilitators.
For Certified Gender Audit Facilitators: it provides a web platform for sharing and accessing new resources and new methodologies. It is also the monitoring tool to maintain the validity of the certification and to update and promote your expertise.
For institutions seeking to hire a Gender Audit Facilitator: it provides a database of Certified Gender Audit Facilitators, searchable by language, regional or specific expertise. The database only contains the information of ITC-ILO Certified Facilitators.
Database of Certified Gender Audit Facilitators
What’s in it for organizations looking for facilitators or wanting to run a gender audit?Search the roster database by language, expertise, regions.The ILO Participatory Gender Audit (PGA) Certification ensures high quality standards for facilitators implementing the PGA and provides guarantees to organizations undergoing PGAs that the certified PGA Facilitators have the necessary gender expertise and excellent knowledge and hands-on in running the audit methodology. The Certification Programme provides facilitators with a specific set of know-what and know-how competencies, such as:
- detecting and mapping discrimination at work;
- applying a gender perspective to analytical work;
- identifying strategies for advocacy and capacity-building in promoting inclusive workplaces;
- improving communication and organizational competencies to lead or be part of a coordinated Audit Facilitation Team;
- analysing accountability, evaluation and monitoring systems and instruments in place for gender equality and change management;
- identifying new challenges and possible improvements. The competencies of the participants are tested and certified
Organizations may send their staff for the Certification. Please see our website for conditions and requirements http://gender.itcilo.org/cms
More about the Audit
What is a Participatory Gender Audit (PGA)?
The PGA falls under “social and quality audits” and examines how the gender dimension, as well as diversity issues, are integrated in the work of the organization. The approach is participatory and includes the contribution of all staff no matter their levels or functions.
Using this approach Gender Audit Facilitators certified by the ITC-ILO are highly qualified to accompany organizations through this participatory process.
The PGA can be considered as a tool and a process to promote organizational learning at the individual, work unit and organizational levels on how to practically and effectively mainstream gender through questions such as:
- Are internal practices and related support systems effective for gender mainstreaming?
- How is the core mandate and work of the organization integrating and reflecting gender concerns?
- How is the organization perceived by the outside world and their partners in relation to gender mainstreaming?
There are only but a few questions that examines in the PGA process.
- The Gain
The PGA builds organizational ownership for gender equality initiatives and sharpens organizational learning on gender through a process of team building and information sharing;
- The Pain
Organization engaging in the PGA should have the support of their management and should be ready to lay the ground: communication with all staff, a minimum of logistical support, and a clear commitment to implement the recommendations.
Candidates to the certification process must go through a learning process which include three mandatory elements:
- on-line learning phase (pre-ToF Module)
- a Residential Training of Facilitators (ToF)
- examinations (intermediate + final two-fold examination with a written test including a multiple choice exam and a scenario analysis and practical exercise and simulations)