This workshop aims to promote gender equality, with a focus on pay equity, in the world of work. It seeks to provide participants with the tools to discuss and identify legal and policy solutions towards non-discrimination and pay equity in the world of work.
In particular, at the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Refer to the key ILO instruments concerning gender equality and pay equity;
- Appreciate the advantages of pay equity;
- Understand the importance of determining equal value;
- Identify good practices;
- Plan for non-discriminatory approaches and methods for job evaluation;
- Elaborate a step-by-step programme to promote pay equity with a social dialogue approach.