•The ILO experience: ILO Global Strategy on Occupational Safety and Health, Conventions nos. 155 and 187.
•Concepts: OSH national policy, systems, programmes and profiles.
•OSH governance: principles, policies and decision-making framework.
•The national policy on OSH;•Components of the OSH national system:
– OSH Legislation: Legal and technical standards
– Enforcement and ensuring compliance
– Information and training
– Awareness raising and promotion of safety culture
– Technical support and services to the enterprises
– Research activities: Collection and analysis of data on OSH national situation
– Employment injury schemes
• Elaboration of a national OSH profile.
• Planning of policies and strategies on OSH.
• Procedures to formulate a National Programme on OSH.
• Launching, implementation and coordination, monitoring and evaluation mechanisms.
• OSH national models and experiences of selected countries.
• The experiences of participating countries.