By the end of the course the participants will be able to implement the under-mentioned tasks in accordance with the provisions of the “The World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers”:
• select the contractual strategy most suited for the intended IT procurement (e.g. off-the-shelf hardware and software, simple information systems or complex information systems);
• determine the estimated acquisition costs of the proposed information system;
• develop the procurement plan and prepare the bidding documents for acquisition of IT systems in liaison with the end-user;
• evaluate tenders for IT systems based on technical performance and economic/commercial merit criteria;
• plan and carry out contract management and supervision functions;
• arrange for maintenance and technical support services.