On successful completion of the Diploma in Industrial and Employment Relations, participants will be able to:
- Reflect upon theoretical approaches and analyse their application to achieve effective industrial and employment relations strategies;
- Represent employers or workers in industrial relations, including negotiation, interpretation, and administration of collective agreements and conciliation/mediation procedures;
- Apply tools and methodologies for effective labour-management relations at different levels of the economy from enterprise to the national and international level;
- Advise government, employers’ and workers’ representatives on industrial and employment relations issues.
- Apply multi-disciplinary knowledge to industrial relations-related decision making;
- Describe the industrial and employment relations systems with a comparative approach.