Format and Methodology
The course on “ISSA Guidelines on Return to Work and Reintegration” consists of 50 training hours. The
course consists of three phases:
• The Pre-training requires 10 hours of self-guided learning on the online platform. Participants will be asked to complete a set of online activities related to the ISSA Guidelines on Return to Work and Reintegration.
• The On-site training consists of 5-day session by ISSA accredited experts supported by the ITCILO Staff. This phase will be delivered at the ITCILO in Turin and consist of 35 hours of training. During this phase, an action-oriented, highly participative approach will be used with particular attention to sharing international experience with a view to adaptation and practical application. Training methods will combine lectures and discussions, case studies, group work and individual exercises.
• The Post-training will involve 5 hours of individual work to develop a proposal on how the ISSA Guidelines on Return to Work and Reintegration could be applied in the participant’s organization. A diploma is awarded to the participant based on the satisfactory completion of this post-training assignment.
The training is organized along the core areas of the ISSA Guidelines on Return to Work and Reintegration:
• Part A: Basic Return to Work Conditions, Principles and Guidelines. Comprising:
– Arguments in Favour of Return to Work;
– General Principles.
• Part B: Specifi c Return to Work Principles and Guidelines. Comprising:
– Holistic Process;
– Early intervention;
– Individualised Approach;
– Active Participation of the Person Concerned;
– Collaboration and Dispute Resolution;
– Qualifi cation of Experts; and
– Monitoring and Evaluation.