Structure and content
The Academy is designed as a hands-on, consistent sequence of plenary sessions and elective courses touching upon various youth-employment-related subjects and covering contextual, analytical, and practical issues.
The Academy will combine plenary sessions and elective courses.
Plenary sessions will centre on:
- Global youth employment trends and policy implications;
- Promoting rights at work for young people;
- The gender dimension of youth employment and prospects;
- The youth employment policy cycle;
- Youth and the future of work;
- Partnering for youth employment;
- More and better jobs for young women and men.
Each participant will also be able to select and attend four of the following elective courses::
- Economic policies for youth employment;
- Active labour market policies;
- Skills development and employability;
- Youth entrepreneurship;
- Rural youth employment;
- Youth transition to formality;
- Youth employment in fragile settings;
- Green jobs for youth.