The Academy on Youth Employment is intended to support national capacity to develop, implement and review youth employment strategies and programmes.
More specifically, the Academy aims to:
- Foster better understanding of labour market concepts for rigorous diagnosis of youth employment challenges;
- Identify viable entry points for mainstreaming youth employment into national employment policies and development frameworks;
- Provide guidelines for the development of operational plans and programmes on youth employment;
- Enhance knowledge on what works for youth employment in different contexts, spanning over a range of demand-side and supply-side measures; and
- Delve into available methods and tools for monitoring and evaluation of youth employment interventions.
The Academy is also intended to stimulate networking and collaboration among participants and their respective institutions and organizations.