Delivering sustainable procurement and innovation
The Turin Centre will participate in the eighth session of the “EcoProcura Conference” series taking place on 19-21 September 2012 in Malmö, Sweden.
The “EcoProcura conference” series is the only Europe-wide forum to promote exchange and dialogue amongst purchasers for governments, suppliers, policy-makers, the European Commission and European Parliament, on strategies, the latest policies and practical solutions on sustainable public procurement (SPP).
The main topics that will be presented and discussed include:
- The emerging international, national and local framework for procurement in challenging financial times.
- The local level impact of the outcomes of Rio+20, the latest legislation, policies and guidance.
- What the proposed Public Procurement Directives mean for practical implementation.
- The role of public procurement of innovation.
- How to embed social criteria in public procurement.
- Moving from awareness to action – bridging the gap between managers, procurers, sustainability and innovation.
Participants will be able to have exchanges with speakers and learn about the latest good practice, research, guidance and tools designed to improve practices.