Mark the date and come along! 23 October 2011: Open Day at the Turin Centre
The UN campus will again open its doors to the public on 23 October 2011. This time, the theme is: “Your UN; Turin for the UN; say your word to the UN”. From 3 to 6 p.m., Turin citizens and visitors will have the opportunity to discover the three organizations inside the campus.
Starting with a ceremony at 3.00 p.m., the Directors and other representatives of the International Training Centre of the ILO, the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute and the United Nations System Staff College will welcome visitors inside the gates.
A series of activities will take place at the Piemonte Conference Centre, while the largest UN flag in the world will be displayed at the entrance to the campus.
Activities will include:
- stands run by the main UN institutions, with information material and gadgets for each organization;
- brief presentations of the main UN bodies and their work;
- creative activities in which citizens draw or write messages for the UN (words and drawings will be collected and sent as an e-publication to UN HQ in New York);
- a panel discussion among the UN organizations’ Directors and staff members, together with local personalities;
- videos on all UN bodies:
- a three-way football match: Turin v. UN v. Rest of the World (weather permitting).
Mark the date and come along! We look forward to meeting you.