Give green a chance!
On Wednesday 17 April, the ITCILO is holding a “Green Day” on Campus, in anticipation of Earth Day 2019
The theme of the 2019 Earth Day is “Protect Our Species” and the Centre will be organizing several activities in support of its general eco-programme:
- Promoting a healthy and relaxing work environment: pet therapy, walking with alpacas, and a yoga session under the trees;
- Green commuting: bicycle repair station;
- Information desk about the recharging stations for e-cars on Campus;
- Educational area to show the impact of plastic in the oceans;
- Demo stand with live bees;
- “Green” street food;
- Launch of the vegetable garden project.
The whole Campus community, staff with their families and friends, participants and suppliers are invited to take an active part in the celebrations.
The aim of the activities is to encourage people to make small changes that add up to a big difference. Those taking part will be challenged to commit to earth-friendly acts, make more sustainable choices, reduce their carbon footprint, conserve energy and resources, and participate in environmental projects in their community.
If we start protecting our environment today, we will help create a healthy, more sustainable future.