A new MOU
A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed during the 103rd International Labour Conference in Geneva on Monday 9 June, 2014 by the Director of the Centre, Ms O’Donovan and the Director-General of the Michael Imoudu National Institute for Labour Studies, Mr Awoniyi Olarenwaju. The Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity (FMLP) of Nigeria, Mr Illoh was also present for the signing ceremony.
The Michael Imoudu National Institute for Labour Studies is the only tripartite institution in West Africa responsible for providing workers’ education. Up to now, MINILS it has trained over 20,000 workers and management staff in both the private and public sectors.
The MOU foresees collaboration in the following areas:
- participation of MINILS staff and constituents in the Centre’s regular activities;
- opportunities for joint -learning services provided by MINILS and the Centre;
- joint-activities for Nigeria and West African countries;
- staff exchanges;
- participation in experience-sharing and institution-building activities;
- visits and facilitation of leadership development programmes/activities for the management of MINILS.