What are Supporting Initiatives?
The following global action programmes are currently being implemented by the ILO:
Seven Centenary Initiatives that transcend the policy outcomes of the ILO strategy framework and are meant to tackle topical issues relating to the world of work:
- the Governance Initiative
- the Standards Initiative
- the Green Initiative
- the Enterprises Initiative
- the End of Poverty Initiative
- the Women at Work initiative
- the Future of Work Initiative
- Five flagship programmes meant to demonstrate the capacity of the ILO to promote Decent Work through a combination of research, policy advice and capacity-building support:
- Better Work
- a revised International Programme on the Elimination of Child and Forced Labour
- Occupational Safety and Health Global Action for Prevention
- Jobs for Peace and Resilience
- the Social Protection Floor
The Centre’s Supporting Initiatives focus on the dissemination of knowledge and the delivery of training and learning activities under the global action programmes, in close coordination with the Headquarters Units and field offices concerned.
For more information on the Centre’s supporting initiatives, click below:
“Promotion of Decent Work in Situations of Fragility” supports the ILO’s flagship “Jobs for Peace and Resilience” programme for the dissemination of knowledge and the delivery of training and learning activities. more...
This initiative aims to ignite dialogues, training, capacity building support and knowledge management connected to the Future of Work. more...