The Centre is committed to assisting countries in their social and economic development through learning and training.
Within the framework of the ILO's Decent Work agenda, we contribute to achieving the ILO's four strategic objectives:
- to promote and realize standards and fundamental principles and rights at work
- to create greater opportunities for women and men to secure decent employment and income
- to enhance the coverage and effectiveness of social protection for all
- to strengthen tripartism and social dialogue.
To this end, we identify, package and disseminate the best thinking and practice concerning the world of work.
Our demand-driven training portfolio consists of courses in key work-related areas. In addition to courses whose repeated success has made them, we tailor existing courses to changing circumstances and requirements. We also design new courses and other learning events to meet specific needs and requests.
The Centre runs more than 450 programmes and projects for a total of around 11,000 people from over 180 countries each year.
We also use our expertise to offer back-up and advisory services, such as:
- training needs analysis
- project design
- on-line information and advice