Professional staff and higher categories
The work performed by Professional staff requires significant expertise in fields such as law, education, economics, development, social sciences and other technical specializations relating to the Centre’s mandate and portfolio of activities, or in the fields of finance and accounting, administration, IT and human resources.
Most jobs in the professional category require:
- An advanced university degree;
- An excellent knowledge of English, and a good working knowledge of one of the Centre’s other working languages;
- Years of experience varying according to the level of the position: from a minimum of 2 years for entry-level positions to at least 10 years for senior positions;
- Core competencies skills: adaptability, client service, collaboration, communication, initiative, integrity, knowledge management, sensitivity to diversity;
- Additional technical skills and level competencies attached to the grade of the position will be specified in the vacancy announcement.
Staff members in the professional and higher categories are hired internationally. Vacancies in the professional category are advertised through online vacant posts and filled through a competitive .
Senior managerial roles (level P.5 and above) include leadership positions such as Programme Managers, Chiefs of Services and Directors of Departments.
Direct selection by the Centre’s Director is the method adopted for filling vacancies at P.5 level and above. To ensure a well-informed selection process for these positions, calls for expressions of interest are normally issued and widely advertised. The recruitment process includes high-level assessment centre and panel interviews.