The Programme for Workers’ Activities is the training arm of the Bureau for Workers' Activities (ACTRAV) of the ILO. The Programme responds to the training needs of workers' organizations through courses, materials, projects and advisory services.
It is the largest international labour education programme in the world and offers free training opportunities to leaders, senior activists and technical staff of workers' organizations.
The Programme runs:
- residential training courses in Turin
- follow-up seminars and training activities that assess the impact of its activities, as well as providing further advanced training
- online labour education
- staff training for ACTRAV.
Training courses mainly concern:
- international labour standards and the use of the ILO supervisory system
- implementation of the Social Justice Declaration and the Decent Work Agenda
- employment and development policies and poverty-reduction strategies
- social protection and occupational safety and health, with a focus on HIV-AIDS
- social dialogue
- collective bargaining and organizing
- gender and women workers' rights
- training of trainers and training methodology
- the use of information technology by trade unions.
The Secretary of the Workers' Group of the ILO Governing Body plays a central role in choosing the organizations eligible to send participants to the activities. No participant is enrolled directly in the activities without going through that process.
The Programme has developed a set of computer communication tools known as SoliComm, Solidarity Communications. It uses them for pre-course orientation and post-course follow-up. Moreover, labour organizations can use them for building networks, organizing educational activities, conducting campaigns and more. They encompass e-mail, mailing lists, computer conferencing, websites and an e-library.
Este curso tiene como objetivo contribuir al desarrollo de capacidades de los representantes sindicales de los países seleccionados para ampliar la cobertura de los sistemas de protección social, con el objetivo de proporcionar funciones de equidad, resiliencia y oportunidad de los sistemas de protección social en el contexto de la Agenda 2030 (ODS). Read More
14 October 2019 - 08 November 2019
This course aims to build the capacities of trade-union representatives from selected countries to increase the coverage and effectiveness of social protection systems, with a view to enhancing the equity, resilience and opportunity functions of such systems within the context of Agenda 2030 (SDGs). Read More