The total duration of EMMIO is 9 months, from September 2015 to June 2016. EMMIO is structured in:
- Two blocks of core face-to-face modules for a total of 25 full days in the classroom, alternating lectures delivered by SDA Bocconi faculty, talks by guest speakers and interactive workshops, including simulations and role-playing, case study discussions and group work.
- Two blocks of Distance Learning (DL) modules, for an equivalent of 15 full days attendance, delivered by ITCILO and UNSSC through webinars in a virtual classroom environment and online forums allowing participants to complete assignments, receive expert feedback, and interactively engage.
21st September 2015 -
7th October 2015
26th October 2015 - 12th February 2016
29th February 2016 - 29th April 2016
16th - 30th May 2016
1st June 2016
Term I focuses on ENVISIONING AND INNOVATING
21st September 2015 - 7th October 2015
Modules in this section scrutinize the complex and dynamic environment within which international organizations operate; explore the main frameworks and tools for strategic thinking and planning; tackle the building blocks of organizational design, institutional governance and change management and foster participants' ability to drive and assess successful and sustainable innovation.
- International organizations and the management of development
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Organizational design and change management
- Fostering and evaluating innovation
- Leveraging Human Capital
(26th October 2015 - 12thFebruary 2016)
(29th February 2016 - 29thApril 2016)
focus on MANAGING AND LEADING
Modules in this section enable participants to effectively perform in multicultural environments typical of large, decentralized international organizations. Contents will also focus on building and effectively communicating organizations' profile, mobilizing resources and managing ethically. Specific attention is given to effective project management achieving organizational orientation towards results and public procurement
- Management ethics in International Organizations
- Project cycle management
- Managing multicultural teams
- Public Procurement
Term IV focuses on MANAGING RESOURCES AND OPERATIONS
16th - 30thMay 2016
Modules in this section take participants through the core management functional subjects, ranging from budgeting and financial management to risk management, from result based management to business process improvement.
- Building the organization's profile and mobilizing resources
- Results based Management
- Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Business Process Improvement
- Budgeting and Financial Management