International Summer School Building on Youth Talent: Developing the next generation of global leadership
Turin Italy, Geneva, Switzerland
5 - 23 August 2019
ITC-ILO organizes this Summer School programme in collaboration with leading Chinese universities. The programme equips young people with knowledge on the United Nations system, sustainable development and the ILO decent work agenda. It engages young people in the UN’s efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, as adopted by world leaders in September 2015. It nurtures, inspires and challenges Chinese University students to become competent international servants in the future.
The academic programme covers the three main themes:
1. United Nations: Organizations and Expertise
- Introduction to UN system: organization, history and missions
- UN expertise and knowledge in the areas of social, economic and environmental issues.
- Institutional structure and governance framework of the UN system
- International organizations and development: bilateral and multilateral aid
- United Nations 2030 Sustainable Development Goals
- The ILO and the world of work: international conventions and standards
2. Developing Responsible and Sustainable Leadership
- Youth entrepreneurship: challenges, opportunities and instruments for youth entrepreneurs
- Business fundamentals: finance, innovation, marketing and leadership
- The ILO green jobs and sustainable enterprise development program
- The ILO entrepreneurship programs on KAB and SIYB: modules and business game
- Sustainable entrepreneurship: green business and social business options
3. Multicultural and Emotional Intelligence
- Working in a multicultural environment: challenges and opportunities
- Multicultural management: communications and skills
- Emotional Intelligence, leadership and conflict management
- Emotionally intelligent leadership: a guide for students
The programme Includes:
- Study visits to the United Nations headquarters in Vienna and Geneva
- Study visits to European enterprises and universities
- Weekend trips to cultural and historical sites in Italy
A good working level of English is required.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.