Master in Public Procurement Management for Sustainable Development
5 Octubre 2020–1 Octubre 2021
El curso está disponible en English
From legislative and regulatory to organizational and managerial foundations, this Master's programme in Public Procurement Management for Sustainable Development explores of a modern public procurement system. Dive into the study of policy tools and theory with applied assignments and research work to bridge the current deficit in qualified human resources.
Learn by doing, through case studies, workshops, and group exercises
Exchange ideas with international students and faculty
Engage with experts from the ILO and other international organizations
¿Quiénes participan en este curso?
- Public and private procurement practitioners
- Ministry and local government officials
- Project managers and procurement personnel from investment and technical cooperation projects
- Recent university graduates
- Procurement trainers and professionals involved in the development
- Procurement consultants and advisors
What are the topics?
Students gain the tools to cope with the challenges of regulating, executing and monitoring public procurement in an economic and socially responsive manner.
- Internationally accepted principles of governing sound public procurement systems
- Legislative and regulatory frameworks, as well as corresponding institutional models for successful discharge of the functions of a modern procurement system
- Economic theory, assessment tools and financial analysis techniques, as well as accounting standards relevant to public procurement operations
What will I learn?
The course is structured in three parts: online learning, residential classes, and an individual research paper.
- Strategies and instruments for embedding social, environmental and human rights at the relevant steps of the procurement process/supply chain
- Promotion of corporate social responsibility through public procurement
- Execution of the procurement process for goods, works and services (including innovative contracting modalities like public-private partnerships and e-procurement)
What will I be able to do?
This intensive, year-long course combines online and residential work for students at different stages of their careers.
- Control and report techniques for procurement operations
- Manage risk in procurement operations
- Design systems for the prevention and detection of fraud and corruption in public procurement
The Master is well organized and offers outstanding academic resources and expertise. It was a great opportunity for me to share knowledge with procurement professionals from different countries around the globe, as well as, to meet great people.
Sudan, 2014/15 Edition
Why should I enroll?
Students learn by studying, collaborating, and observing practitioners in action.
- This course draws from the ITCILO’s training portfolio, the ILO’s research, and the Università di Torino’s academic expertise.
- Dedicated tutors are available to answer questions and provide support throughout the learning journey.
- Teaching methodologies include lectures, workshops, and case studies, as well as an online platform for readings, videos, and exercises.