Steps required to participate
1. Read the entire description of the course to be sure that this is the type of the course that is need and to make sure that you match the participants' profile and can fulfill the participation's requirements. There are four important requirements:
- University degree - When accepted to participate in this course, your University degree as well as other documents required by the University should be validated by the Italian consulate in your country.
- Fluency in English - The course is in English and the evaluation of participants involves the preparation of written exercises and reports.
- Computing and Internet proficiency - The distance-learning phase involves the use of a virtual platform.
- Availability of time - The course lasts 52 weeks; the first 20 weeks are in the modality of distance-learning the second part is a residential phase of 11 weeks to be held at the International Training Centre of the ILO in Turin, Italy. the third part of 21 weeks is again in the modality of distance learning.
2. Discuss with your organization or identify another sponsor that could financially support your participation in the course.
3. Apply to the course before the deadline for applications using the online application [click here].
Please fill in all the required fields in the application form. Please do not forget to send us an a signed written communication from your sponsoring institution (or from yourself in case of self-financing), with an indication of how your participation and travel costs will be met.
4. In the first part of June you will be informed on the outcome of the selection, your preselection or not to participate in the course. You will be asked to confirm your interest in participating.
5. Preparation of the documents.- We will ask you to prepare and send some documents that are required for the enrollment and MATRICULATION in the University of Turin. These documents must be presented before September (i.e before the beginning of the course). Please note that this step could take months so it is recommended to start the procedures of validation, translation and requests to the Italian consulate as soon as possible.
- Legalized copy of your University Degree diploma issued by the academic institution and counter signed by the competent authority in your country (apostille needed). The certification of the competent local authority should state that the copy is in conformity with the original of the diploma. Please note that we only need your University Degree, not other course diplomas or certificates.
- Translation into Italian of your University Degree diploma. The translation needs to be done by an official translator recognized by the Italian Embassy in your country, and its conformity with the original needs to be certified by the Italian Embassy.
- Legalized copy of your academic transcripts issued by the academic institution and counter signed by the competent authority in your country (apostille needed). The certification of the competent local authority should state that the copy is in conformity with the original of the academic transcripts.
- Translation of the academic transcripts into Italian. The translation needs to be done by an official translator recognized by the Italian Embassy in your country, and its conformity with the original needs to be certified by the Italian Embassy.
- The "Declaration of Value in the country of issuance of your University Degree/Diploma" issued by the Italian Embassy in the country where your University Degree was obtained.
- Two passport-size pictures of your face
- A copy of your passport (main page)
6. Payment.- The payment should be made in advance (before the beginning of the course in September) by bank transfer to:
Account No. 1 0000 0560 002
Bank: Intesa Sanpaolo SpA
Branch No. 523
Branch Address: Viale Maestri del Lavoro, 10 - 10127 Turin, Italy
IBAN: IT96 G 03069 09214 100000560002
NB: kindly state your name and the course code on the bank transfer form
7. Matriculation into the University of Turin - Once the payment has been done and the required documents have been presented, we will proceed to matriculate you at the University of Turin.
8. Visa support letter - Once the payment has been done and the required documents presented, ILO Turin Centre would send to you a letter for supporting your visa application to the Italian Consulate in your country for the residential phase of the course in Turin, Italy.