The major areas of activities include:
- Conducting/ updating a needs assessment for capacity development and professionalization;
- Assessing and improving current curricula and developing new ones;
- Developing modules for various types of public procurement training courses covering goods/ works/ services;
- Developing a pool of trainers through screening and certification;
- Organizing and conducting the main public procurement courses.
In addition, this project makes further important contributions to:
- Facilitate Nepal Administrative Staff College (NASC) institutionalization, which’s key objective is to ensure maintaining a high standard of training but concurrently ensure appropriate knowledge transfer over time through networking;
- Advice and support the PPMO certification and accreditation programme; and
- Establish a Transfer of Knowledge mechanism for NASC and PPMO on a continuous basis to their officials to significantly support Nepal to have adequate skilled human resources in the field of public procurement.