The course is also available in Bengali
This course is designed to provide support to the Fire Service and Civil Defence in its efforts to bring increase capacity of inspector and ensure they are well versed in internationally accepted standards.
FIRE SAFETY INSPECTIONS
EMERGENCY ACTION PLANS
The underlying message in this initiative is to ensure that sustainable mechanisms are in place to prevent future tragedies and ensure safe working conditions. Much has been accomplished in this effort. The three initiatives of the National Tripartite Committee, The ACCORD, and the Alliance are working diligently to complete pre-assessment on time and move immediately into the remediation. This requires regulating authorities to have capacity to carry out much needed inspections during and after projected life cycle.
The target audience of this course is the inspectors cells of the Fire Services.
Integrated Knowledge about Fire Safety Management
One of the major objectives of this project is to provide support to the Fire Service and Civil Defence in its efforts to bring increase capacity of inspector and ensure they are well versed in internationally accepted standards.
At the end of the course the inspectors will:
(1) Understand the requirements and guidance documents for Means of Escape requirements for Existing Garment Factories
(2) Have knowledge and understanding of why these means of Escape requirements are necessary to ensure that people are able to safely evacuate the building in the event of a fire. We will consider this form a first principle approach.
(3) Be familiar with some of the more common problems that you are likely to come across during inspections.
This course are comprised of 2 modules.
Module 1 is about Fire Safety Inspections and consists of 4 sections and 1 Virtual Inspection Visit.
4 sections are;
(1) Detection and alarms
(2) Evacuation routes
(3) Separating zones and compartmentation
(4) Access to fire brigades – Fire fighting facilities
Module 2 is about Fire Emergency Action Plans (EAP) and consists of 2 sections.
(1) Typical fire emergency action plan content
(2) Fire Emergency Action Plans (EAP) Templates
At the end of each modules, you are supposed to take Final Test to assess your understanding. If you passed the both Final Tests, you would get an Overall Course Certificate.
(You do not need to Join if you do not want to.)
This course is constructed only for participants who are eager to learn Fire Safety Management to reduce the likelihood of injuries and their impact. If you feel like learning this course, please join.